2.16.2008

100 days... a white Valentine's Day.

This past Wednesday was (apparently) the 100 day mark. 100 days until my classmates and I finish law school. So it was only natural that we had a "100 day party" to celebrate. The get together was downtown at Mellow Mushroom with an official start time of 7 pm. I was at school until around 7, so I went straight from school to Mellow Mushroom. As I was walking to my car I noticed what appeared to be sleet (or frozen rain) coming down. I was a little surprised because I did not know that we were expecting any type of precipitation (I check the weather at least twice during class on any given day), but it was a seemingly insignificant amount which I expected would soon pass. Sometime during my 5 minute drive from campus to downtown, this seemingly insignificant amount of sleet turned into a heavy, thick downpour of snow. I sat with some of my classmates, near large windows, and watched the snow fall.
By 9, the snow had covered the ground and was still coming down strong. I headed home to retrieve Laura so that we could venture out into the snow together. We decided that Reynolda Gardens would be a great place to go and enjoy the snow.



This is where I proposed to Laura (10.5.06)



Laura, in what had become a very light snow



A night vision shot

I have not yet experienced a white Christmas, but I suppose the next best thing is a white Valentine's Day. All of this snow fell on the night of the 13th, so the next morning everything was covered in a thick blanket of snow. Laura surprised me with breakfast in bed, after which we learned that her school had cancled classes for the day. She was very excited, as you can imagine. My classes would not be cancled, but my first one was not until 10. On my way to class I stopped by Bethabara Village, which is directly behind our apartment, to take some pictures. Here are a few of them, taken on our first Valentine's Day as a married couple...







2 comments:

Cassie said...

Chris, you are quite the photographer! I love the artsy pictures of the snow. :-) Seeing the snow makes me miss North Carolina!

Anyway, I hope all is well with you and Laura. Please tell her I said "hello." :-)

Tim said...

Mhm, i wished we could have been there when everything was covered in snow...that lookes so neat, especially bethabara. wow.