6.05.2008

Brevard. Graduation. Raleigh

It has been quite a while since my last post and much has happened. I am currently in the daily grind of preparing for the North Carolina Bar Exam, which will be on July 29th and 30th. Laura's first year of teaching will come to an end next Tuesday, June 10th.

A few weeks ago Laura and I spent a weekend with Wade and Emily Johnson and my grandparents at my grandparent's cabin in Brevard, NC. Laura and I arrived early Friday afternoon, spent some time with my grandparents, and played the local par three golf course. Wade and Emily made it in late Friday night, the four of us had an action packed day on Saturday that included stalking white squirrels (check out this pic that Laura took, pretty sure the little guy was posing for us!), hiking up to Looking Glass Rock, checking out a couple of water falls, and eating dinner at the Pisgah Inn (one of our favorite spots). We had a great weekend with the Johnsons and my grandparents!

The next event on our calendar was my graduation. How time flies, it is hard to believe that law school is over. All of my family came into town for the weekend. Tiffany (my sister) and Webb (her husband) stayed with Laura and I, we really enjoyed having their company here in our apartment! Laura's parents also came into town for my graduation, It was the only time that we have had so much family here, save the wedding. Laura put together a surprise party for me. She did an incredible job, I am not sure how she managed to organize and conceal it so well. The party was a cookout at Salem Lake that included croquet and bocce ball. It was a great way to celebrate the end of our time together in law school!
We spent last weekend in Raleigh with Laura's family, and as always, we had a great time! We managed to get in golf at the driving range, billiards at Magnolia Glen (where Aunt Lucile lives) and croquet. In between these activities we enjoyed some great food and fellowship!

There is more that I could write about, but I need to get some sleep so I will be ready for a Friday filled with Criminal Law.


No comments: